- Plagiarism Test- You will have as much time as you need to complete the test.
- Set Up Box Folders
- Under your UIllinois Box account, share a folder with me. This folder will have all your grading feedback and we will also share other files here.
- Oral Presentation Unit
- Warm-up: In this shared google doc, anonymously share with me your experiences in public speaking.
- Let's discuss how this assignment will work. Assignment prompt and rubric are here.
- Building Teams and Choosing a Topic
- I will randomly put you in groups of 3-4 people. Then each group will choose one of these topics. No one can use the same topic.
- Applying for a job in the United States (writing a cover letter,
- Interviewing in the United States (preparing, questions to ask, negotiating salary)
- Intercultural communication (doing business with cultures different than one's own)
- Business Ethics
- A topic of your own choosing with my permission.
- You will present on this topic for the entire unit! Choose wisely :)
- Practice Thinking on Your Feet (if time)
- With your group, prepare a 5 minute presentation on your topic. This is NOT for a grade. Then, I will give you some feedback. Don't stress.
1. Read the rubric on oral presentation and contact me if you have any questions.
2. Read "PowerPoint Makes You Dumb" for class tomorrow. Be sure to consider the questions as you do the reading. Be prepared to discuss the article. This is part of your participation grade.
3. Do some preliminary research on your topic. Organize how you will meet with your group members.
Next Class: Outlining,Visual Aids