- Create a clear and concise problem statement to provide relevant background information about the case and motivation for the essay
- Create a specific and focused position statement that includes the purpose and outline of the essay
- Use two different types of evidence (qualitative vs. quantitative) to support their position statement in a case-based essay.
- Utilize PIE in the evidence part of your writing.
- Warm-up: What ideas for a position statement did you come up with? Share your ideas in this google doc.
- Powerpoint Click here
- Sample Problem/Position Statements. Which do you like best?
- Questions to think about:
- Does the problem statement provide clear and concise background information on the case to be analyzed? If not, what seems to be the problem?
- Does it present a clear position statement (Recommended decision)?
- Is the position statement specific and focused, including purpose and the outline (direction) of the essay?
- Outline due on Compass Friday
- Reflection due on Compass Friday
- First Draft of case-based essay is due July 31st, by midnight.