Oral Presentation Pronunciation Tips (5 minutes)
Here are several tools you can use to help improve your pronunciation
- Stress, Rhythm & Intonation (Videos)
- Stress and Rhythm Practice (Highly Recommended)
- Vowel Changes in Stressed and Unstressed Syllables (Highly Recommended)
- Intonation Practice (Recommended)
- Articulatory Setting: Why Facial Expressions Matter for Pronunciation? (Recommended)
- Stress, Rhythm & Intonation (Articles)
Discussion of Article (30 minutes)
Step 1- What are some ways Brent can solve the problem?
Step 2- 3 groups will each defend one solution. Then they will present on their solution.
Introduction to Case-Based Essay
- Let's discuss and define a Case-Based Essay with this handout here.
- Look at three case-based essays, what do you find in both? What is in both?
- Introduction to the rubric for the assignment.
1. Choose what time you want to meet for your individual conference. It must be on August 4th.
2. Read the rubric and assignment prompt for the case-based essay and contact me if you have any questions.
3. Read How to Write a Case-Based Essay. There will be a quiz! :)
4. Begin drafting a rough outline of your case-based essay. This will be due Friday. Turn it into Compass 2g.
5. Meet to discuss your oral presentation. Then turn in a 300 word reflection on your oral presentation so far. Turn in it to Compass 2g by Friday, July 23rd at NOON. You should have done a peer-review of each other's presentations.
6. No journal :)
Next Class: Review Case-Based Essay Structure, Case Based Essay Outline