- Properly format an academic assignment.
- Understand the different types and degrees of reporting verbs.
- Integrate transitions appropriately into a summary.
- Use the summary structure in your writing.
Each row will do one part of this formatting worksheet.
Row 1- A, Row 2- B, Row 3- C, Row 4- D
Open up the summary you started writing. What do you think is missing? Share your answers in google doc, here.
Today, we will discuss how to bring your summary up to the next level!
We will look at this powerpoint throughout the class.
Since you know how to read for a summary, read "Why bitcoin could fail." Write down the article's main points as a group. We will discuss the main points you found shortly.
Use this handout to help you adapt your main points into summary. In your groups, adapt your summary to include
I will briefly discuss the rubric for unit 2.
Please answer the questions in this survey. I really value your opinions and want this course to be awesome!
Next Class: Review Summary, Paraphrasing and Quoting
Reporting Verbs Handout
Formatting Handout (Answers)
- Draft 1 of your summary is due July 3rd by NOON. Final draft of your summary is due July 8th by Midnight.
- Review summary assignment rubric and contact me if you have any questions.
- Journal #3- When could plagiarism become a problem in the field of accountancy? Why? What ethical issues do you see in accountancy?
- Finish up any part of the plagiarism tutorial- part 1 and 2 not completed.