- Establish common ground with the reader in your memos.
- Achieve “you” orientation in your memos.
- Emphasize positive in business writing by using positive language.
- Understand the importance of choosing the right tone for your memos
- All journals are in the same document
- General comments about memos
- Plagiarism tutorial
- Alone, read this memo. What do you think is wrong with it? Why? Share your thoughts in this shared google doc.
- Modify this memo.
Next Class: Introduction to Avoiding Plagiarism, Summary writing
1. Plagiarism Tutorial: Introduction to Avoiding Plagiarism on Compass2g.
2. Revise your memos to be reader centered. Remember the final draft is due Saturday, June 27th by noon.
3. Read "Revision and Rhodes"