- How to describe characteristics of a successful memo.
- How to describe essential elements in different parts of a memo
- Identify different types of memo (good news, bad news, persuasive) according to different purposes
- First Major Assignment- Diagnostic Memo Rewrite
- Assignment schedule now on course website
- With a new partner, try to find the answers to this handout. You may use these sample memos to help you.
- Characteristics of a Memo
- Do this handout with a partner. First, using the textbook, do Part I. Second, evaluate the two memos.
- Break! (15 minutes)
- Types of Memo
- Using this handout, begin modifying your memos to follow this structure.
1. Choose and complete 2 exercises from Roebuck p.84, 97, 116. Please bring the exercises to class on Monday.
2. Read my comments on your Diagnostic Memo and begin rewriting. Remember, summer semester moves FAST!
3. Read the rubric for the Diagnostic Memo and contact me if you have any questions.
Next Class: Review Memo Basics, Audience and Purpose